Studio One Unlimited access is a new music program dedicated to discovering music with an in-depth look at what is happening with artists from Iowa, Midwest, and National. Access content 24/7 at https://www.iowapublicradio.org/allaccess. Tell your Alexa smart speaker of “Play IPR Studio One” or your Google Home of “Play IPR Studio One from TuneIn” to stream.
The show is a go-to source for music fans – it’s recorded with musicians, promoters and industry insiders to provide access to solid content through a variety of platforms including terrestrial radio, YouTube. and Instagram. Follow the show for new music recommendations, interviews with your favorite bands, and live concert broadcasts.
“The music industry is alive and well in Iowa, and IPR Studio One is excited to have a new flagship multimedia program to showcase the work of musicians, promoters and venue owners who strive to make their comeback after a very difficult year. and half. I’m excited about the show itself, the companion podcast we’ll be launching soon, and the new website that hosts a live show schedule from Iowa, among a lot of other content that I hope you’ll check out. Said the show’s executive producer Lindsey Moon.
New features and segments
Diversified DPI Studio One Unlimited access the content is included in the program segments:
- Iowa Artist of the Month – showcase the musicians of Iowa
- Outing of the week – with new albums recommended by hosts
- Sound and color – featuring the LGBTQ people and communities of color that make up the Iowa music scene
- Harmonic – issues facing the Iowa music community and the live music industry as a whole
- On the file – vinyl reviews and recommendations from collectors and record stores
- Classic tracks – featuring classic albums recommended by hosts
- Studio One Book Review – host Mark Simmet reviews new books on the history of music or a new book on the music industry
The show is produced by IPR Studio One staff: Lindsey Moon (@radiomoonshine), Mark Simmet, Tony Dehner (@TonyDehnerIPR), Phil Maass and Cece Mitchell (@ c3celestial).
Artists can submit their music or music related news to [email protected] Apply to be featured as Iowa Artist of the Month here: https://form.jotform.com/210696093813055.
About Iowa Public Radio
Iowa Public Radio (IPR) was established by the Iowa Board of Regents in 2004 to manage the day-to-day operations of the 26 licensed public stations at Iowa State University, the University of Northern Iowa, and the University from Iowa. IPR, a member of National Public Radio (NPR) offers news, talk and music programming through 26 radio stations and via digital streaming and audio downloads on demand. IPR currently serves a weekly audience of 220,000 listeners through three programming streams: News, Studio One and Classical.
# # #